Shortbread cookies are one of my family’s favorite cookies. We especially like them because they aren’t too sweet and they’re just the right texture!
They are also easy to make.
2 cups flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup butter
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Mix first 4 ingredients together to form a dough
2. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl and set aside
3. Roll 1 heaping tbsp. of dough into a ball then roll it to coat in
cinnamon and sugar mixture
4. Now place it onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
5. Flatten with a fork or with the palm of your hand for a smoother look.
It should end up being about 1/4″ thick.
5. Repeat until dough runs out
6. Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes
I made my cookies one and a half inches wide by 1/4″ thick and I got just over 50 cookies. I like for them to be bite size! The number of cookies you get will depends on how big you decide to make them.
These also make great gifts. You can box them or put them in cello bags and tie them up with some nice ribbon.