Cupcake toppers are an easy way to dress up your cupcakes and you can easily make them with the printable I created!
I usually make treats in the form of cookies for my kids class Halloween party. Last year I made these Sugar Pumpkin Cookies, and tied the treat bags with simply a ribbon. This year, I made some tags that can easily be attached to treats or made into cupcake toppers.
I started by cutting them out into squares which ended up being 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ in size.
Once printed onto heavy Cardstock and cut out into squares, I tried out different things with them. Some, I cut into circles, scalloped circles, or used a corner puncher to make the edges more fancy. There are many possibilities.
1. Cut into basic squares and punch a hole in the corner to use as a treat or gift tag. I used the Fiskars Rectangle Punch
2. Cut into a square using and use Paper Edger Scissors to make the edges fun.
4. Cut into squares, trim, use method 2 or 3 or any other creative ideas you can think of and stick it to a Wood Coffee Stir Stick to use as a cookie bouquet decoration or cake topper.
5. Trim them out and stick them to Small Wooden Forks and use them as cupcake toppers. (As shown in the first picture of this post)
6. Trim into a scalloped tag or use a Scalloped Circle Punchto shape the cut out and use as a treat tag, turn into cupcake toppers etc.
7. Trim them out and stick them to Lollipop Sticks to use as cupcake toppers. (As shown in the first picture at the top of the post)
To use this printable, simply click on the picture above and print it out onto heavy cardstock. Be sure to choose the “landscape” orientation under preferences. Also, I used the “scale to fit” option when printing, which yielded me the 2 1/4″ squares. A link back to this post if you use them for a project that you post online would be much appreciated. I would love to see what you create!
Linking up to these wonderful parties! Blog Hops
Disclaimer: This post may contain links to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.